Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring

It's Spring! I considered posting a picture of what spring looks like in PG this year, but if you scroll down to my winter tree pics, they're pretty much the same, so we'll just leave that alone!

There's a scripture in the Bible that talks about God declaring things that 'are not' as though they 'are' ...especially in our lives.
As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations."[a] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.(Romans 4:17) Here he's talking about Abraham who had no physical means left to produce offspring, but the Lord's promise was that he is a father to many nations!

There are things that don't line up with God's perfect will for us, but that doesn't faze Him at all. He just continues to call things that 'are not' as though they 'are'. I'll give you an example. One year I received the same prophetic word three times from three completely different people. The basic gist of the word was that the Lord sees me as 'sweet'. Well, I'll tell you, it was anything but a sweet year for me. I was going through some difficult times with some difficult people and I felt anything but sweet! But by the time I got the second word, I began to see the Lord was telling me something, and by the third time, I finally got it. He was pushing out the bitterness and unforgiveness by calling out the 'sweet' in me. After a while, I began to actually feel differently towards the situations and people. I learned to let some things go and it's true....I really am sweeter now:) (...ok sometimes when you're that cranky there's nowhere to go but up lol).

So here goes....it's a LOVELY spring out there..with GREEN budding leaves on the pretty trees, and CLEAR SIDEWALKS.. and the sound of happy little birdies in the morning. We know it's coming!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

2 comments:

mari said...

if what you mean by happy little birdies in the morning is really a screaming grand-baby at 5:30am then your right.. it is spring!
lol :)

mari said...

lovely template btw!