Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ahh...it's my day off:)

Yep, it's my day off and I plan to do nothing! Well, not 'nothing', but nothing I don't want to do for sure. It feels good to be off the hamster wheel for a day. I love my job, and it's a busy time of year so we're all working a little more than usual, and Peter and I have been travelling a bit as well, so it's good to have a breather.

So in amongst the to-ing and fro-ing, one highlight for us was having Christmas with Ray & Jesse this week. I love going to their house, because it feels like I belong there, like it's my own home. Jesse had the house all prettied up for the occasion, and the table was set for the feast. Ray made the most amazing roast, I'm not kidding you. It was so flavorful and tender. He says it's the thermometer, I think it's all in the wrist. Either way, I'm goin' back! I heard a rumour about stone dinner...

Some changes coming up for us as a fellowship - we will be out of the building we're in by April 2009. This means we have to find a place! In preparation for this, the Lord released a prophetic word last April, giving us some direction for the future as well as indicating that He was asking for 'fastings'. Individuals have been fasting on their own over the last few months, but now we are called to fast together as a church group for the week. I am not a great faster (is anyone?), but I am feeling such a joy this time to participate with the Father in this. God initiates, God accomplishes, and still He invites us to be a part of it. By our obedience, we please His heart, and then He goes ahead and does so much more than we can even imagine. It's like when I feel honoured by my kids, I already loved them, but something wells up in me that makes me want to give them their heart's desire and more. (The difference is that God really can do this for us, we're limited as parents.) So we position ourselves before the Lord, available...ok, even on my 'day off' ...

A good friend sent an encouraging email this morning including the following verse:
'He cares enough to respond to those who seek Him'
(the Message).

I love that:)
Speak Lord, your servants are listening.