Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Mother

Today is December 3 - my mother's birthday. She's been in Heaven for 10 years already, but still never far from my thoughts.
She was an amazing woman. Her secret weapon was a joyful heart. She said it's how she survived many things - when things were difficult on the outside, my mother learned to reach down inside and pull up a joy moment to get her through. She gave willingly, laughed easily, served constantly.

I am thankful for the verse in Psalms 139 that says 'You knit me together in my mother's womb' because it means the Lord chose her to be my mommy. I love that fact, and I love that it means He chose me to be my kids' mom. (They have been the source of many of my own joy moments, but more about that in a different post).

Today I am celebrating this beautiful lady. I know she's resting in the presence of the Lord, but just in case there's the occasional blog access....Happy birthday, Mother:)



5 comments:

carmenrose said...

Awwww, it still makes me want to cry sometimes when I remember she's not here. You are the source of some of my joy moments too :)

b said...

thank you my Rose.

GraceeJ said...

What a great mom you are too!!! I never met her but I can only assume that she was amazing because she gave us you:)

rayban68 said...

I'd pick you to be my mom.

b said...

thank you. you guys are just the nicest chilluns ever.